Long Ago and Far Away

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Past_Consort_to_the_Kaiser

Long Ago and Far Away

Post by Past_Consort_to_the_Kaiser »

A long time ago, in ancient history time, my late wife Carol Reavis was Kaiser Hypatia's Mom. She continued to participate from her hospital bed for a year until her death in December of 2009. Do any current participants remember her?

Kaiser Hjalmar

Re: Long Ago and Far Away

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar »

Yes, I very much do!

Lady Carol was very beloved in Shireroth - as in various other countries too for that matter - and to this very day I miss her much, and the same applies to many an other Shirithian from the days of old.
Hjalmar Heirðrsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Kaiser of Shireroth

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

An awesome person indeed, of the kind that we get all too few of these days.

How are Renee and the family doing these days, if you don't mind us asking?
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

I have fond memories of Carol and recall sending flowers when we heard of her passing. It seems like a long time ago now but, for those remaining few who were around then, we do still think of her.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

I remember Carol. A great woman.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Past_Consort_to_the_Kaiser

Post by Past_Consort_to_the_Kaiser »

An update:

Carol passed away in December of 2009 and I spent a year mourning her loss. Then I invited one of her friends to lunch, went to dinner instead, courted her for nearly a year, and then married Shelley in October of 2011 and moved to her house. I spent another year emptying my old house and eventually sold it. A lot of stuff went into a storage locker, which I am now sorting through all of it. Every box brings back more old memories, some of which induce several minutes of tears. Then I came across the nametags for the meeting we had in Fremont when three Shireroth members visited us. As part of that visit we went on a trip to Yosemite where everyone had a good time. Just pondering the past.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”