Imperial Decree Nº 622 - Extraterritorial Status of the Elwy

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaiser Aiomide

Imperial Decree Nº 622 - Extraterritorial Status of the Elwy

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

IMPERIAL DECREE Nº 622
Extraterritorial Status of the Elwynn River

WHEREAS the lower reach of the Elwynn River, hereafter referred to as the Red Elwynn, the upper eastern reach of the Elwynn River, hereafter referred to as the White Elwynn, and the upper western reach of the Elwynn River, hereafter referred to as the Blue Elwynn, serve as boundaries, either between imperial states or upon the border of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth itself;

AND WHEREAS domination by some imperial states would unnecessarily disadvantage other imperial states as well as the Imperial County in terms of unimpeded ocean accessibility;

LET IT BE KNOWN that the Red Elwynn for its entirety from Shirekeep to the Sea, as well as the White Elwynn from Shirekeep to the border of Eliria-and-Utasia and Illumination, as well as the Blue Elwynn from Shirekeep to its source, are declared Imperial Waters, with the same status of Imperial Land.

By my hand at the Approach to the Confluence of the Elwynns
in the Year of Our Sector Five-Thousand One-Hundred Thirty Three,

AIOMIDE, KAISER

Vilhelm Benkern

Re: Imperial Decree Nº 622 - Extraterritorial Status of the

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

This decree could do with some healthy scrutiny from some Benacian magnates.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Lyssansa Rossheim

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

The real question is whether the Elwynn was part of one or more Imperial States prior to this decree; if the answer to that is yes, then unfortunately it is invalid as the Imperial Government lacks the competency to remove land from an Imperial State. Then there is the associated question of the islands at the mouth of the river, which were divided between Kralizec and Lunaris: how does this decree affect them?

So while I can fully understand His Niftiness' intentions, it does require some scrutiny as Benkern suggests.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

Lyssansa Rossheim wrote:the Imperial Government lacks the competency to remove land from an Imperial State.
But we're talking about water here =p Regardless you are correct, the borders of Imperial States are determined regardless of terrain by those States alone unless they come into irreconcilable dispute, in which case the matter goes to the Imperial Judex. It is feasible for His Niftiness to bring such a case on behalf of the Imperial Territories against those Imperial States claiming portions of the River Elwynn (and it'd give our newly-installed Arbiter something to do), but as mentioned it requires an examination of existing claims. I'd be prepared to forfeit any Goldshirian claim to the river to speed things along.
Lyssansa Rossheim wrote:Then there is the associated question of the islands at the mouth of the river, which were divided between Kralizec and Lunaris: how does this decree affect them?
A worthy question indeed. Imperialising the full waters of the Elwynn Delta would leave a series of islands effectively enclaved from their home territories and from each other. I would suggest that the central channel only (seperating the three islands nearest the Lunatic coast from the rest) be made Imperial territory.

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

The isles of the delta, I assume, would not be covered under this because the river is at the sea.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I think a river technically includes its delta. At least some islands would be covered under this because I wouldn't call the Elwynn at Mejor as being sea.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

The water of the River Elwynn is regarded as the border between a number of imperial states. This decree is simply so that the water can be administered without bias. Where the waters of the Elwynn have not been regarded as a border, it has not been declared Imperial Water.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”