[Montrano] Audience with the Kaiser

The ancient heartland of the Imperial Republic; time worn and beset by the troubled legacy of feudalism and the former tyranny of Liches. Now a personal domain of the Kaiser, restored to statehood and struggling to forge a new democratic identity.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

[Montrano] Audience with the Kaiser

Post by Li Naomiai »

It had been many years since Li had last visited her native Shireroth. Her last visit was during Noor's funeral, some three years ago. Shireroth had a special place in Li's heart, and now that she was no longer empress (due her estranged husband's surprise abdication, something she still could not forgive), she began considering returning to Shireroth.

Her plane from Lindström landed at Shirekeep airport, where she then transferred to a new plane, a domestic fight, to Cercé. She had never been in any place belonging to right bank of the Red Elwynn, so this was an interesting experience. She had a scheduled audience with the Kaiser.

Landing in Cercé, she transferred to a helicopter, which two hours later brought her to Montrano Manor, where the Kaiser and his chamberlain, Soraya, waited.

After the exchange of pleasantries, the Kaiser took Li to the living room in the manor (it was more like a farmhouse than a manor), where Li explained the reason for her audience:

"Your Radiance – as your Steward in the Elian Union, where you are the undoubted king, I must inform you, that you have achieved the age of majority in Natopian law. You are in Natopian law an adult. That means that should you want to, you can rule your Elian country just whatever way you want. As your Steward, however, I advise you to keep a Steward in the Elian Union, so that there will be someone there should the government need a quick decision. I don't think you'll want to leave Shireroth behind, I mean.

"But I must also ask of your Radiance to allow me to resign from my office as Steward. Things are very difficult for me and my husband right now, and being in Elijah's Rest most of the time does not allow me the time to fix things with my husband. So please, let me go."

"Yes, of course," said the Kaiser. "Family is very important. You can go. But I have to stay in Shirekeep. My mother won't let me move to Natopia."

"I understand, your Radiance. May I offer advice as to whom to appoint?"

"Yes, thank you."

"My advice is that you appoint Juana Beazcoetxea to the position. She has been Vicereine of the the Two Martyrs since her immigration to Natopia and she knows the ins and outs of the Elian government, and she has a pretty good relationship with the prime minister."

"Who is the prime minister again?"

"Peder Eikegaard"

"Oh yes, from Auntie's party, right?"

"Uh, Lady Isabella? Ah yes, she's the leader."

"Okay, good."

"I've prepared a decree for you to sign."

"Okay, let me see"

Li handed over the draft decree, and the Kaiser read through it, and signed:

THE KING OF THE ELIAN UNION
On the Steward of the Union, the Vicereine of the Two Martyrs, and related matters

1653:004; 1653:005-M

1. Her Imperial Highness Lady Li Raion Naomiai Avon-El Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine, has asked Us to be relieved of her duties as Steward of the Elian Union.

2. After careful consideratoin, We grant her request. Lady Li is no longer Steward of the Union.

3. We appoint as Steward of the Union, the Rt Hon Juana Beazcoetxea Hernández, The Lady of Kinnladehügel–Gakkotsuzuka, effective immediately, and the same time relieve her of her duties as Vicereine of the Two Martyrs.

4. We appoint as Vicereine of the Two Martyrs, Her Imperial Highness Rei Miłarna, Lady of Kin’uyama–Kinojarme, effective immediately.

Done at the Manor of Montrano, this 18th day of Cowtide, in the year 1653.

Ayreon Shah
アイレオーン王
Thereafter, Li and the Kaiser had a simple lunch (that the Kaiser prepared in the kitchen) consisting of lamb burgers and buns, with fried onions and lots of ketchup and two slices of cheese.

Full, Li left for Shirekeep when the Kaiser had to attend to the next round of milking.
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Return to “Imperial Duchy of Brookshire”