Shirekeep Map Progress

Moderators: (Shireroth) Prefect of Shirekeep, (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Re: Shirekeep Map Progress

Post by ari »

Kaiser Dominus wrote:Full map is now too large to upload by abusing Ari's wiki hosting arrangements.
Well, I could increase the max uploaded file size (and did, the wiki should now accept 8MB files, though I didn't actually bother testing that; also I could have made it bigger but that would have required touching more knobs)... but there's also the Nerdish Ancient Ways. Let me to sing to you the song of my people:

The picture you uploaded is stored using a glorious 8 bits per each of three color channels and an alpha channel. It has, by my count, 14873 unique colors (colors used in at least one pixel). It's also mostly flat colors, and is edited by adding more areas of flat color by hand. It probably doesn't actually need really amazing color precision! Here's a version using a 256-color palette (meaning that your starting point before further compression is now 8 bits per pixel instead of 32), fitting in less than half a megabyte: http://shireroth.org/shirewiki/File:Shi ... ndexed.png. You can find a few pixels that are slightly different from the original version if you check the difference with an image editor, but the difference is hardly noticeable in practice to me.

Okay, yeah, worrying about a floppy-disc-sized size difference in 2017 is pretty ridiculous. I could see it helping people with bad mobile connections, maybe, but even that seems kind of impractical to worry about. So I guess, tell me if the wiki complains if you try to upload a file bigger than 2MB and I'll see what configuration bit I missed.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Audun Joel

Post by Audun Joel »

Mira Octavius-Aryani wrote:Will there be an attempt to (re)designate quarters, or at least go into identifying which areas are inhabited by which groups?
I have that task in mind with the work I've fallen behind on for Shirekeep. I've been doing research into civil engineering, consulting here and there with Liam Sinclair on it and trying to find designs I can steal and customize for things in Shirekeep. This has delayed me a bit, but what you're suggesting is definitely something I want to pursue. With many sections of the city destroyed that now are cleared, empty and in "City Receivership", this is definitely something that we need to do. If you'd like to take the lead on that, I would love to work with you and anyone else up for it to get it done.

I am focusing my work on these areas right now:
- Finishing the work on the Shirekeep Metro;
- Finishing the work on the water supply aspect to the city;
- Starting and finishing the work on the tram system idea running along two or three of the major avenues of the city as Jack suggested;
- Finishing the first draft of the Shirekeep City Charter, and somehow create simulated local elections similar to how they're done in Alexandria or how the Elwynnese Royal Parliament was elected. (Not sure which way is the best yet.)

One question, trailing off into another thought - as I write the Shirekeep City Charter, I want to integrated the Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission as a body of government that links the federal government and the city government. But since the SRC was created by Imperial Decree, would this reform or reorganization need the Kaiser to do it via Decree as well?
Audun Joel Hallbjörns- og Esthersson
of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja

Prince and Llængjarl of Elwynn
Count of Araxion, of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles, Elwynn
Count of Elsyran, Goldshire
Formerly Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

Audun Joel wrote: One question, trailing off into another thought - as I write the Shirekeep City Charter, I want to integrated the Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission as a body of government that links the federal government and the city government. But since the SRC was created by Imperial Decree, would this reform or reorganization need the Kaiser to do it via Decree as well?
Your original decree specified that the Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission comprise of the Kaiser, the Prefect of Shirekeep, the Scribe of Raynor's Keep and the Steward. I would suggest that, if you want it to be a bridge between Imperial (lets get out of the habit of calling it Federal ;) ) and local Government, that the Scribe, being a post of the Imperial Household, be dropped out and the Minister of the Interior added in instead. A new decree seems the easiest way to accomplish this.

Audun Joel

Post by Audun Joel »

Sounds good. I'll put together some language on it and send it over for your merciless editing consideration. :wink: :salute:
Audun Joel Hallbjörns- og Esthersson
of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja

Prince and Llængjarl of Elwynn
Count of Araxion, of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles, Elwynn
Count of Elsyran, Goldshire
Formerly Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

Orion wrote:Don't forget Pinito's Proctology Palace.
???????
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Added:
- City Guard Headquarters on Shirekeep Yard, a square in the Old City.
- Whitestone Apartment Complex
- Imperial Order of Technomaezji
- Project 1646-001

Changed:

To be added:
- Various guilds
- Office of the Arbiter (Imperial Judex is a court, not an office)
- Private banks
- Anandja I Mausoleum or Museum
- The new MoMA building
- Sir John Metzler III University
- South End Business district including Andreas' Shop and the SCX
- Everstone Hall is to be added to the map as well. It is situated within the (northern) walls of the eastern portion of Shirekeep on the hill next to RAS Airharbor.
- The Dark Dungeons of Fjǫrleif and Fjǫrleif's Gallows Field are also to be added to the map.

Jeremy H. Archer

Post by Jeremy H. Archer »

The Shirekeep Yard and the Whitestone Appartment Complex, a new housing building provided for by the Chamber of Guilds and Factorage.
Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, Warden of the Imperial Constabulary and Captain of Investigations of the Shirekeep City Guard

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Jeremy H. Archer wrote:Image

The Shirekeep Yard and the Whitestone Appartment Complex, a new housing building provided for by the Chamber of Guilds and Factorage.
Looks good! I'll get those added on.

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

Is there an SVG version of this map available?

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Following the devestating fire of the Prefectorial palace, and the rebuilding during my predecessors. Finally, a building exists that matches the splendor and status of the Capital city.

The Prefect's Keep functions both as the residence and workplace of the Prefect and a place for dignitaries, nobleman, politicians and businesspeople to meet and discuss the future of Shirekeep.

1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Return to “Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission”