Echoes of the past

The Lands of Jack. Beware.

Moderator: Verion

Vilhelm Benkern

Echoes of the past

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

1. The name instantly reminds me of Blackrock and the military focus is shared by you both.

2. Your reference to an ancient kingdom of Luthièn in western Benacia corresponds marvelously with Jeremy's crazy idea to turn New Britannia into a Lord of the Rings themed micronation briefly in 2007 (briefly mentioned here, evidenced on the map at its greatest extent here - you can see modern Blackstone was very close to the city of Lothlórien in Ithilien province).

Were you conscious of these similarities in your work here in Blackstone, or are they just remarkable coincidences? In either case, very good ShireWiki page.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Re: Echoes of the past

Post by Continuator »

Was Númenor any relation to Eorltheod? Both were Jeremy nations, both had the LoTR thing going on, I think the latter of the two was on the GSO, where I think I may or may not have encouraged Jeremy in some kind of revolt/skirmish against some other chap from Stormark.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

No, Numenor was simply a rebranding of New Britannia which was swiftly almost entirely reversed. Eorltheod was a separate enterprise. Funnily enough I came across some references to Eorltheod recently while perusing the Woodstanian forums. Good times.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:1. The name instantly reminds me of Blackrock and the military focus is shared by you both.
Although the Blackstonian military is there only to protect its business interests...
2. Your reference to an ancient kingdom of Luthièn in western Benacia corresponds marvelously with Jeremy's crazy idea to turn New Britannia into a Lord of the Rings themed micronation briefly in 2007 (briefly mentioned here, evidenced on the map at its greatest extent here - you can see modern Blackstone was very close to the city of Lothlórien in Ithilien province). Were you conscious of these similarities in your work here in Blackstone, or are they just remarkable coincidences?
Yes! I was aware of the existence of a Lord of the Rings-themed nation on Benacia. Only in my mind, Lothlorien has been transformed to Luthien for some reason. I reckon that's the thing with the past - it keeps changing. As for Blackrock - aside from the name similarities, there is no conscious connection.
In either case, very good ShireWiki page.
Many thanks! :herman:
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Return to “Calbion-Blackstone”