[Cartography] Maps of Natopia

Cartography, Empire Library, and the Library of Law

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Minister of Information

Nathan

[Cartography] Maps of Natopia

Post by Nathan »

Political map of Natopia

As of 1/3/2016

Terrain map of Tapfer (with international borders)

Street plan of downtown Lindstrom

Maps of the Indigenous Peoples of Natopia (pre-Opaeghian)

Anachronistic map of the extent of the Natopian empire

Map of Natopia's territorial waters and economic reserve zones on Tapfer

Standardized Geographic Map of Tapfer

Map of the Tapfer Highway System

The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Nathan

Re: Maps of Natopia

Post by Nathan »

Trans-Tapfer Unified Continental Railroad and Tapfer Integrated Highway System
Connecting the extreme eastern and western ends of the continent, for the first time. A joint project made possible by Frazenland and Natopia.

Air, Sea and River Routes
Schematic map, all maritime and airspace boundaries are recognized.

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Good stuff!
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Very nice maps! :)
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Thank you!

They need a little updating... and it's a shame we don't control the extreme terminals for the Trans-Tapfer Railway anymore...

But at least we built it first! :king:

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Extreme terminals? The mind boggles...
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I just meant the terminals at the most eastern and most western points on the continent, indicating that Natopia spanned the entire continent. :)

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

I knew that! =p But now it doesn't... :sad:

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

No. But we're more secure. And in a better position to focus attention elsewhere now that we have a single, consolidated main border with only one other nation.... And eventually... when the Butter Cow shines his grace upon us... we will own the entire continent!

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

The Butter Cow will need to shine a bit more than that if you want the entire continent back! ;)

Butter Cow

Post by Butter Cow »

I come to you, Erion, and grant you a Holy Vision:
You are floating above Micras, all nations are illuminated at varying luminosity

"A dull star shines longer than the brighter stars."

You suddenly drop, you see only Tapfer and the various nations on it, glowing at different intensities

"That is Natopia.

That is the Butter Spirit."

Natopia glows at a slow pace, flickering in and out much slower than others you can see

"We both, together, shine lowly, yet consistently."

Your field of vision changes, you see the Butter Cow and a woman, dressed in green, blue, and purple, embracing each other

"Dull, yet continuous."

They now perform mundane tasks together, at times barely moving, but always completing the task

"Unluminous, yet eternal."

You feel as if you have spent countless years, innumerable eons, viewing the Cow and woman as they complete their goals

"We will shine for years after other, more brilliant, stars burn out and become cold and lifeless."

You see the other nations on Tapfer dim slower and slower, their light gets lower and lower until, at last Natopia appears as the brightest nation, illuminating the advancing darkness around it
I say to you, Erion, that you are the keeper of this Vision.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

In veritas I say to you, Butter Cow, I shall indeed keep it, for reference.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Map of the ethnic majorities within the Dominion.

The Domestic Ministry extends an offer for the various demesnes to submit more precise and recent data to create a more accurate map.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Whoah, many languages! What are the Elion-Ant'elion language and people? And Andi and Alrodian? Exciting! What language are we bringing Nau up in?

Is Mehl the Natspeak in Elwynn?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

The Elion-Ant'elion are a group of Anthelians who were cut off from society and reverted to a state of savage cannibalism.

The Andi were the first people to join the Mehl peacefully (in the myth)... their culture is vaguely defined as "warrior people that now fish... fiercely."

The Alrodrians are even less defined... they were the first real people to join Natopia. Alrodria was on Caplona and was... sort of... Roman-themed? Anyway the guy that founded Alrodria was ruler of Muckapucky for a long time so they all moved there when Natopia gave up Caplona.

Since I never made specific languages, these are all ethnic groups. I've always assumed they have their own languages, but everyone speaks the lingue franca of Natspeak.

Actually, about the Natspeak in Elwynn... I need to put a few clusters of Draconians in Iserdia since Luix Rakira is Draconian and moved there to be with distant relatives.... But yes, Mehl on this map is the "generic" Natopian person so the grey on the Elwynn map are Mehl people who speak Natspeak.

And then, said more in character:

I am excited for our son to begin his lessons once he is settled in Anmutstadt. I hope he becomes accustomed to splitting his time between here and Eliria. Since Nau has been made a Ziegish prince, he will be expected to speak Natspeak as a primary language. He will also be tutored in Haas to be able to speak it intelligently as a display of respect to the people. I know that Elwynn as many more laguages that you will be excited to teach him, so I wanted to keep his expected languages here to a minimum. Ziegeland is so homogenized that one really only needs to speak Natspeak. In regard to the cultural instruction, as is custom in Ziegish schools he will be taught to tolerate the Draconians, respect the Andi, and honor the Hazel.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I agree with you. We both know he is a bit frail. So how about he spends the Elwynnese winter (Natopian summer) down there and the Natopian winter (Elwynnese summer) up in Elwynn? I am going to make sure he learns Elw, and when he's older, he should learn another Elwynnese language. I am hoping to introduce him to one of the Hurmu languages but I have a feeling he'd go for Babkhi. All the cool kids nowadays go for Babkhi. It's so sad.

Ric.

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

When you say "Safirian", do you mean "human living in Safiria" or "Safir"? :P

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk 2

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I think it's the Xylphika language he's referring to.

Ric.

HIM Empress Maia

Post by HIM Empress Maia »

Ahhh. That makes sense.
Maia Ašura
27th Safir Empress
Played by Carl Jackson

Return to “Ministry of Information”