[Cartography] Maps of Natopia

Cartography, Empire Library, and the Library of Law

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Minister of Information

Nathan

Re: Maps of Natopia

Post by Nathan »

I guess I meant Safir as in the ethnic group/race/species? I'll update the map soon.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

HIM Empress Maia

Post by HIM Empress Maia »

Nathan wrote:race/species
Either one, depending on who you ask.
Maia Ašura
27th Safir Empress
Played by Carl Jackson

HIM Empress Maia

Perhaps Natopia should begin a mission to contact the Microns and Elion-Ant'elions?
Maia Ašura
27th Safir Empress
Played by Carl Jackson

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

The Microns were Andreas' deal and they are nearly extinct maybe? It would be worth investigating.

The Elions ate the last Natopians that ventured in to their lair and keeping the Elions savage and uncivilized in the eternal passive-aggressive punishment for the Great Novasolan Betrayal of their ancestors (this is my OOC explanation for their existence). We could scoop some up with low-altitude hovercraft and put them in zoos though.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Nau: Dad! Adi says you're all nice, loving and humane! But putting them in zoos? That's horrible! Is Adi lying about you? Is he? Are you as evil as those shah-worshipping camel-fuckers who killed granpa and, uh... you before you were uh... resurrected? Dad...?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

HIM Empress Maia

Nathan wrote:The Elions ate the last Natopians that ventured in to their lair and keeping the Elions savage and uncivilized in the eternal passive-aggressive punishment for the Great Novasolan Betrayal of their ancestors (this is my OOC explanation for their existence). We could scoop some up with low-altitude hovercraft and put them in zoos though.
D:
Maia Ašura
27th Safir Empress
Played by Carl Jackson

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Elijah Ayreon wrote:Nau: Dad! Adi says you're all nice, loving and humane! But putting them in zoos? That's horrible! Is Adi lying about you? Is he? Are you as evil as those shah-worshipping camel-fuckers who killed granpa and, uh... you before you were uh... resurrected? Dad...?
Nau, young chap, I think I need to have a word with you about your fathers.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Elijah Ayreon wrote:Nau: Dad! Adi says you're all nice, loving and humane! But putting them in zoos? That's horrible! Is Adi lying about you? Is he? Are you as evil as those shah-worshipping camel-fuckers who killed granpa and, uh... you before you were uh... resurrected? Dad...?
Nau, you mustn't use such coarse language. You are a prince of the kingdom. Besides, you are but a child you shouldn't use such language.

As for these Elions being treated humanely, I agree. Placing them in special institutions is the only compassionate act the government has available if we decide to bring them into our multi-cultural nation. They live in the middle of no where, and have not had contact with our society for ages. They are descended from untrustworthy people that betrayed this entire country. They will kill and eat us. They have killed us. Please don't think I'm trying to frighten you Nau, but you must understand that to rule requires certain hard decisions. But know this, my son: I do everything out of compassion for my people. So we must show compassion to the citizens under our protection and to the Elions by protecting them and learning from them so that we can know if integration is possible. Unfortunately, zoos are the most capable institutions already established for such an endeavor.

And no, Nau, I am not as evil as the Babkhans, for they are not evil, only follow a strange custom so that they may show compassion for their own just as we care for ourselves. And always remember the sixth Law revealed to Taznim: "Thou will embrace thy neighbor's strange customs."

HIM Empress Maia

Babkha is no-one's neighbour. They are a parasite on the surface of Eura.
Maia Ašura
27th Safir Empress
Played by Carl Jackson

Christo Eucalyptos

Post by Christo Eucalyptos »

I have updated the long-overdue political map of the Dominion to reflect the current claim of Natopia. You will find it at the beginning of this thread. I'm also working on a new ethnicity map.

What is the ethnicity of the people of Arboria? Arborians? Tirlari? Treesians?

What is the ethnicity o the people of Universalis? Universals? Universalians?

Any other suggestions for an updated ethnic map?
Christophos Eucalyptos
Retired Natopian Statesman,
Writer for the Bagelcratican Sporadically
Played by Nathan

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Universal would be the correct form.

I would like to set up the Universal ethnic group as pre-dating the Laval people, since they really did, but not exclude them entirely. Universal was always intended to encompass multiple ethnicities, but for Micran history it is an offshoot of the Demesosians/Tapferites, the first people of Tapfer.

Also, could you add a legend to your terrain map?

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

What's the name of the area west of the Thalassa Territory? With Cape Cran in it?
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Christo Eucalyptos

Shyriath wrote:What's the name of the area west of the Thalassa Territory? With Cape Cran in it?
Cape Cran Bay (so original :nuke:) a mercantile colonial property of St. Andre Trading Co.
Christophos Eucalyptos
Played by Nathan

Christo Eucalyptos

Choygal Kamala wrote:Universal would be the correct form.

I would like to set up the Universal ethnic group as pre-dating the Laval people, since they really did, but not exclude them entirely. Universal was always intended to encompass multiple ethnicities, but for Micran history it is an offshoot of the Demesosians/Tapferites, the first people of Tapfer.

Also, could you add a legend to your terrain map?
I've had them as "laying low" this whole time in my mind since their resurgence was first suggested. Essentially the new border between Universalis and Sororiya was drawn according to census data where people either self-identified as Universal or Laval/Sororiyan, a very strong north-south divide due to Natopia having a longer presence on the north part of the peninsula and an independent Universalis in modern memory.

I'll try to find that terrain legend, I should be somewhere....
Christophos Eucalyptos
Played by Nathan

Christo Eucalyptos

http://i.imgur.com/Fv12Snk.png

Lindstrom City Urban Renewal Plan 4.

You may notice that several streets have been straightened and routes simplified. The skywalks over Lindstrom Boulevard have been removed to restore the axial line of sight between the Palace complex, the Fountain of the Waters, and the Park. Empire Avenue has been completely straightened and is not one continuous road. The roads that encircled Vista de Nada have been removed and replaced with greenspace to enhance the palace grounds and reduce security threats. The State Ministry's parking lots were moved underground allowing the National Ministry to expand north with a new annex. Aequitine Hill has been squared off and streets now cross through it. The former northern annex of the Defense Force H.Q. has been demolished and connected to a former traffic island to create Fountain Park. Tapfer Street now extends all the way to Harbor Street, the extra land from the Library has been converted into a small park.

The colors are now not horrible and your eyes may not bleed as much. Tan is government owned, white is private/residential/commercial.
Christophos Eucalyptos
Played by Nathan

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

The latest map of Lindstrom City, following the approval of the fifth stage of its Urban Renewal Plan:
Lindstrom City.png
Lindstrom City.png (79.84 KiB) Viewed 14109 times
Updated for new embassies.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Updated maps submitted to the MCS (1):

Port St Andre and Wahlstadt exchange:
Port St Andre amendment.png
Port St Andre amendment.png (1.5 KiB) Viewed 14047 times
Wahlstadt amended.png
Wahlstadt amended.png (3.6 KiB) Viewed 14045 times
Last edited by Lord Erion on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Updated maps submitted to the MCS (2):

Alkhiva/Tinalkina renaming:
Tinalkina revised.png
Tinalkina revised.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 14047 times
Arboria omission correction:
Arboria revised.png
Arboria revised.png (2.68 KiB) Viewed 14047 times

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

These have been approved. Complete set to follow.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Revised Overseas Maps

Arboria (name added as previously omitted from original map claim)
Arboria revised.png
Arboria revised.png (5.23 KiB) Viewed 14002 times
Athlon (removal of "Hegemony")

Elijah's Rest (new claim)

Kujirashi-Walstadt (received in exchange for Port St Andre from Haifa, and associated name changes)

Skerry Isles (recent claim)

Tinalkina (name changes and amended label locations)

Return to “Ministry of Information”