Establishment of Port Goose Colony

The Confederacy of the Coast, colloquially known as Coastalis, is a collection of maritime city-states centered around the ancient pirate haven of Lighthouse.
Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Establishment of Port Goose Colony

Post by Orion »

Port Goose is a small island that has, at various times, been under the control of many nations, ranging from Gralans to Sino-Keltians, and many others throughout the centuries. It is a small and diminutive place that has often been overlooked of larger islands, remaining for the greater part of its existence as an unihabited patch of land amid the local archipelago. The earliest occupant of the island was the Principality of Sidona, an order of knights that were staunch allies of the Atterans. The Sidonans did little to colonize or develop the area, and subsequent occupants did little more. That was until the arrival of Gralus, who gave the archipelago its name of the Vraillan Isles and established the VBNC headquarters on a nearby island. It was Gralus who helped to settle the islands and encouraged people to establish homesteads. For Port Goose, those who heeded the call were a large group of pioneers from the Kingdom of Gosling, that had for a time reigned in the northeastern reaches of Benacia. Like the geese that frequented the island in the summer months, the settlers from Gosling saw a kindred spirit and named the island Port Goose.

The island is so small that it can sustain only the one main settlement of Port Goose; although there are several small hamlets consisting of a few families. While the main settlement is called Port Goose, the official name of the island is Goose Island, even though this is rarely used and most islanders refer to themselves as Portogeese. When the Brettish arrived the island was already thoroughly settled by the Portogeese, and their main economic staple was in breeding geese and other fowl, fishing, and some very limited farming, mostly of sheep. The islanders traded with other islands in the Vraillan archipelago and otherwise kept to themselves. A deal was struck between the local governor, Floyd Thomaston, and the King of Brettania, whereby Port Goose would become a colony of the Brettish Isles, receiving protection and aid, and in return the island would serve as a refueling port for the Brettish maritime economy.

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Re: Establishment of Port Goose Colony

Post by Shyriath »

(Pfffft. Portogeese. :geek: )
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Orion

Post by Orion »

(Was wondering how long it'd take to notice. :wink: )

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Ah, the Kingdom of Gosling. I've just checked the old archived map and I guess you mean 'north western' Benacia. Though the history of the CIS moving around the map is probably best forgotten; Matbaa found itself on Cibola later, Col moved to Keltia (as USSC), and of course the CIS itself went to Eura and grew a testicle. :nuke:
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Orion

Post by Orion »

Yes, apparently my sense of direction got screwed up somewhere.

And with the CIS jumping all over I just tried to pick the spot where they were static the longest. I try to attribute the moving to mass migration, ignoring several laws of physics of course...

Orion

Post by Orion »

Oh, and I started a nice wiki article to add some more detail.

Return to “Coastalis”